This weekend sees the release of the final installment in director Christopher Nolan's incredible film saga, The Dark Knight Rises, and while my yellow oval Batman shirt is all ready to go for Friday, our predominant Batman coverage these past few months has been building to something other than just the most anticipated film of the summer--and that is Batman Day. To the Bat-computer!
- Interview with Scott Snyder, author of Batman: The Court of the Owls.
- Interview with Chip Kidd, author of Batman: Death by Design.
- Interview with Geoff Johns, author of Batman: Earth One.
- Interview with Grant Morrison, author of various Batman books.
Before and after The Dark Knight Rises, there is plenty to read on Gotham's finest vigilante. Below are a few of the most recent and pertinent titles:
- Batman: Knightfall by Chuck Dixon and Doug Moench: Witness the origin of Bane, the main villain in The Dark Knight Rises, one of the few criminals to ever defeat Batman.
- Batman: Earth One by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank: A new origin for a new era in the Bat-mythos. It's a perfect jumping-on point for readers.
- Batman: The Court of the Owls by Scott Snyder and Greg Capull Gotham turns upside-down in this frightening new volume in the current status quo. Batman discovers that sinister new corners of Gotham do still exist.
- Batman Incorporated Vol. 1 by Grant Morrison and various: Bruce Wayne publicly supports Batman by funding an international team of Dark Knights. This is Batman on a global scale.
- The Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy by Jody Duncan Jesser and Janine Pourroy: Featuring an introduction by Michael Caine, a foreword by Christopher Nolan, and book design by Chip Kidd, this is one to save for after the film. It includes behind-the-scenes details, cast and crew interviews, and enough high production photographs and art to satisfy a billionaire playboy.
Omni readers, are you planning to see The Dark Knight Rises this weekend? If so, old chums, are you doing any prep work beforehand?
P.S. Peruse our DC Comics Store for more on Batman and the DC Universe.