Today marks the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Sadly, I'm not in China to enjoy the games so I'll be wallowing in self-pity with Shelfari's Top 10 "China" tagged books*.
- Snow Flowers and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang
- The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan
- The Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan
- Waiting by Ha Jin
- The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan
- The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
Looks like there are some serious Amy Tan fans on Shelfari!
Happy Reading (and if you're watching the Olympics--enjoy!),
*Okay, so I won't get through ALL of the Top 10 books this weekend...I'm not indulging in that much self-pity. *grin*